SOHO is an acronym for Small Office Home Office, a term used to distinguish small businesses from mid-sized and large businesses. Many Small Office Home Offices are actually home based businesses, which is where the "home office" in small office home office comes from. The concept allows you to work where you stay and has adequate space for your business as well.
Working where you stay has many advantages, here are a few pro’s of owning a SOHO:
1) Reduced commuting: Forget about long drives to work stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, owning a SOHO means you’ll never have to leave the comfort of your home to get to work. Increase those productive hours by reducing the number of hours and not to mention the amount of stress you spend travelling
2) More Family time: One of the biggest challenges facing professionals today is achieving a satisfactory work-life-balance. With owning a SOHO forget about these hassles as you can easily pop back home for lunch or breakfast and be right where your loved ones need you the most, all the time. With most SOHO’s today offering recreational avenues too, make the most of your 24 hours being right where the action happens all the time.
3) Less Distraction and reduced stress: Studies have shown that the working in a cubicle based office causes more stress and affects your health detrimentally. A work space that doesn’t allow you the avenue to relax and take meaningful breaks will eventually wear you down. Say goodbye to all these woes when you move into a SOHO. The advantages of working from home cannot be more stressed, feel free to relax and rejuvenate when you can, feel like a quick nap? Pop right home!
4) Comfort: There is an unspoken sense of calm that radiates from people who work where they live, and this is most evident from people who work at SOHOs. Having the flexibility to choose your work schedule, your productive hours, your vacations etc. has a humungous benefit on your mental well-being. Not feeling like going all the way to work? That doesn’t mean your day has to be unproductive, living in a SOHO means you can relax and work at your convenience
5) Being your own boss: Having the power to decide when, where and how you work is one of the first steps to being a boss. Having to follow mundane routines and deal with unnecessary red tape can suffocate your business. Break free from the shackles of a conventional office and its routine by being your own boss. Working from home gives you a sense of independence that most work places can’t.
6) Improved health and wellbeing: Those who work in a small office/home office have a better work/life balance and are often happier and more productive than those who toil in a corporate office all day. Reduced stress, increased flexibility, and more time for family, friends, and exercise contribute to a healthier lifestyle.
Check out Panchshil’s Small office Home office concept at Kharadi. If you’re looking for flats in Pune and an office space to go with it, try out SOHO by Panchshil.